Job ListingSt. Paul's Catholic Community
Position: Parish Maintenance and Grounds Keeper
APPOINTED BY: Pastor
RESPONSIBLE TO: Pastor, Parish Business Manager
COLLABORATES WITH: Pastor, Parish Business Administrator, and Parish Staff
STATUS: Full Time, Exempt
The Parish Maintenance and Grounds Keeper provides general maintenance for the New Church, Old Church, Dempsey Hall, Parish Business Office, Marist Hall, Columbian Hall and other facilities as directed. Assists in furthering the ministry of the Church in Idaho and in the St. Paul’s Catholic Community setting.
The person who assumes the position of Maintenance and Grounds Keeper is accepting a very important role in the functioning of our parish. He or she will not only perform maintenance, cleaning, and care for the facilities and grounds, but he/she will also work with people, especially the office staff. Collaboration with Janitorial contractors and staff is a vital part of this position.
The Maintenance and Grounds Keeper is under the direct supervision of the Parish Business Manager.
The following job description is intended to communicate the responsibilities of the Building and Grounds keeper. This description of tasks is not intended to outline every last detail of the position, but will serve to give a general impression of the duties relating to the job.
The Maintenance and Grounds Keeper is responsible for the general maintenance and upkeep of the buildings and grounds for the New Church, Parish Offices, Dempsey hall, St. Paul’s School, Marist Hall and Columbian Hall and other facilities included under the St. Paul’s Catholic Community; the Priests residence as certain events dictate.
Required Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED with preferred technical school or associate degree in facilities maintenance or construction.
• Preferred, four (4) years’ experience in grounds and building maintenance, and/or light construction.
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
• Proven maintenance experience.
• Skilled in the use of hand and power tools.
• Ability to check blueprints, repair manuals and parts catalogs as necessary.
• Experience in performing routine maintenance.
• Eye for detail.
• Strong organizational and follow up skills.
• Self-starter, ability to work well alone and in a team setting.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Complete a variety of building and grounds maintenance tasks efficiently and effectively.
• Use and maintain a variety of hand and power tools and equipment common to building and grounds maintenance work.
• Conduct routine inspection of premises and equipment.
• Perform preventative maintenance.
• Lift, move and maneuver hand and power equipment safely.
• Organize work for self effectively.
• Follow written and oral instructions and observe parish policies and procedures.
• Perform duties accurately and efficiently under time sensitive deadlines.
• Respond courteously to customer and vendor inquiries, which are sometimes controversial or adversarial.
• Oversee contractors when professional repairs or modifications are necessary.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, supervisory personnel, vendors, and the public.
• Scheduling of annual or other inspections.
• Secure bids for various large projects in line with Parish Policies.
To Apply For this Job
Please submit a resume, two letters of reference and the Diocese Application
Please send complete package to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location and Contact
510 W. Roosevelt
Nampa, ID 83686
1515 8th St. S
Nampa, Idaho 83651
Monday-Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 12 Noon
*Except on Holy Days and Holidays*
5:00 PM (English)
7:00 PM (Español)
9:30 AM (English)
12:00 Noon (Español)
3:00 PM (English)
7:00 PM (Español)
Daily Mass: 8 AM
Monday through Friday
Misa diaria: Miercoles 7 PM
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 12 PM - 1 PM
Wednesday: 5 PM - 6 PM
Saturday: 3:00 PM - 4:45 PM